Friday, October 06, 2006

The Master, His Unconscious, and "The Roast Goose"

It was just now that my mind was struck by something about the title I unconsciously gave to my blog. At the high school literature textbook, we read a short story called "The Roast Goose" ("Kabab-e-Ghaz" in Persian) written by Mohammad Ali Jamalzadeh in which there was a guy named "Mostafa" who nicknamed himself "The Master" (I disclaim any connection between him and me, it's only an accidental "name conflict"). It was a really fun short story, and I strongly suggest you read it if you have not already read it, and you can access a copy of it and of course if you know Persian. I don't know if it has been translated to any other language, but all the fun of the story lies in its excellent use of Persian language.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi
do you have English translation of roast goose?
if so let me know on
h_62n@yahoo.com
thanks.
I really need it to read