- Married, and at least 30 years old.
- Having ICDL or equivalent license.
- Having surveillance cameras installed.
- The establishment needs to be at the side of the streets.
- The establishment should not be inside buildings.
- The establishment should not be near a girls' school.
- The establishment should have fully transparent glass doors through which the inside is clearly visible.
- Putting any kind of posters or blinds that blocks the view of the interior from outside is forbidden.
- Men and women, even related, cannot sit side by side.
- Foreign names should not be used for the establishment.
- Having fire extinguishers and first aid kits is mandatory.
- The time of entrance and departure for each user should be registered.
- Users should have valid identification. The identity of each user (including their national ID numbers) needs to be registered. This information needs to be kept for at least six months
Sunday, February 06, 2011
Bizarre Conditions for Internet Cafe Owners in Iran
An article in January 29 issue of Sharq newspaper lists the new bizarre conditions for Internet cafe owners and their establishments (roughly translated):